Player safety and confidence is important to us. We will rigorously follow state and local regulations as well as Westgate Resort’s policies. Where there is no explicit regulation we will follow CDC and health department guidelines.
- Players, staff, and spectators will be required to wear masks that cover nose and mouth.
- This is a requirement in Nevada and will be enforced by our staff and hotel staff.
- Masks may be removed only when actively drinking. No food is allowed at the board.
- The Governor’s Directive 28 states that no exceptions are allowed for K-12 schools.
Many of the players in the National Open and all of the players in the Youth events are school age so we must follow this directive.
- Tournament staff will be fully vaccinated.
- We strongly recommend all eligible participants be fully vaccinated but it is not required.
- The Westgate is taking measures to encourage their staff to be fully vaccinated.
- There will be only 1 game per table
- Tables will be generously spaced to allow social distancing.
- Boards and Pieces will be sanitized between rounds.
- Playing halls are well ventilated with 18 to 24 foot ceilings.
- Spectators will be limited and required to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Clark county has reduced the social distancing requirement to 3 feet but we will observe 6 foot distancing wherever possible.
- Anyone showing Covid-19 symptoms should not enter or remain in the playing site.
- No-touch procedures will be used wherever possible
- Pairings will be posted widely spaced to allow social distancing.
- Pairings and Standings will also be delivered electronically.
- Daily Bulletins will not be distributed this year.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be plentiful.
This page will be updated to reflect any changes in regulations or policy.