International Youth Championship
Saturday & Sunday June 17-18
with Special Guest Host
GRANDMASTER RUIFENG LI
6 Round USCF Rated Swiss System Tournament in 4 Sections Time Control: Game/60 minutes with 5 second delay.
Special Top Prizes:
- 1st Place in each section wins a Computer with software & videos worth over $1,000.
- Unrated players may not win 1st prize in Reserve Sections.
- Chess Prizes for 2nd-4th are valued at 250, 150 and 100 dollars.
- Every player receives a free membership in the Internet Chess Club!
- Team score is the total of the 3 best scores by team members.
- The highest finishing (using tiebreaks as necessary) player in each 14 & under section, who will be too old to play in that section next year, wins free entry to the 2018 National Open.
|OPEN 14 & UNDER||RESERVE 14 & UNDER|
Rated Under 1000
|OPEN 9 & UNDER||RESERVE 9 & UNDER
Rated Under 800
|Top 10 Players||Top 10 Players||Top 10 Players||Top 10 Players|
|Top 1300-1499||Top 700-899||Top 1100-1299||Top 500-699|
|Top Under 100-1299||Top 500-699||Top 900-1099||Top 300-499|
|Top Under 1100||Top Under 500||Top Under 900||Top Under 300|
|Top Unrated||Top Unrated|
|Top 5 Teams||Top 5 Teams||Top 5 Teams||Top 5 Teams|
$89 by 5/26, $99 by 6/14, $120 later.
There will be a $20 change fee for team or section changes after round 1 begins.
No team changes or corrections will be accepted after 5 p.m. Saturday.
Age 14 and Under Open: Born after June 18th, 2002
Age 14 and Under Reserve: Born after June 18th, 2002 and Rated Under 1000
Age 9 and Under Open: Born after June 18th, 2007)
Age 9 and Under Reserve: Born after June 18th, 2007 and Rated under 800
Unrated players may play in Reserve Sections but are not eligible for 1st prize in Reserve Sections.
- Late Registration: Saturday 8:30-9:00 a.m.
- Opening Ceremony: Saturday 9:45 a.m. with our Special Host.& 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m, 1 p.m & 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m & 1 p.m.& 3:30 p.m.
- Awards Ceremony: Sunday 6:30 p.m.
1/2 Point Byes: in any round (limit 2) if requested in advance or at start of previous round. Round 4 or 5 byes must be requested before the start of round 2. See Chess Control.
Ratings: The June USCF Rating Supplement will be used. Other ratings may be used if higher. If you pre-register and your rating changes you will be moved up automatically or down on request.Membership in the U.S. Chess Federation is required of all players. You may join with your entry or on site. Players will not be allowed to complete the tournament without a valid membership.
In compliance with the Nevada Clean Indoor Air Act all non-gaming areas of the Westgate Resort, including the Convention Center, restaurants, and hotel registration desk are NON-SMOKING.