Thursday, June 23, 2016
Small class sizes and top notch instructors make this mini-camp a great opportunity to hone your game. Children and adults are welcome.
Players will be divided into groups of similar strength to maximize the learning experience. Each group will have sessions with several different instructors. This format allows the instructors to tune each session to the strengths and needs of the students. It’s almost like one on one instruction from some of the top names in chess.
Instructors — To Be Announced
- 9:30 a.m. Late Registration
- 10:00 a.m. Lesson 1
- 11:10 a.m. Lesson 2
- 12:20 a.m. Lesson 3
- 1:30 p.m. Lunch Break
- 1:30 p.m. Late Registration
- 2:10 p.m. Lesson 4
- 3:20 p.m. Lesson 5
- 4:30 p.m. Lesson 6
- Full Day $99 by 6/3, $120 later
- Half Day (a.m. or p.m.) $69 by 6/3, $80 later
Here’s what some previous participants had to say:
- I liked the small groups with instructors of differing backgrounds.
- One instructor’s idea of having students play a game and taking turns commenting on the moves was very instructive.
- I learned more than I thought I would.
- I liked almost everything: it was exciting and fun to learn. Thank you to all the coaches.
- It went too fast.
- Great stuff, great teachers, nice campers, very fun. Thanks!